Life After YTT…
Many people feel overwhelmed and unprepared after Yoga Teacher Training. Unfortunately, yoga teacher trainings are NOT created equal. We’ve heard so many stories from new yoga teachers that their YTT did not prepare them to teach, how to sequence safely and effectively, or give them sufficient practical experience.
Mentorship is an ideal way to bridge the gap between training and teaching. The Yoga Loft Mentorship Program will provide you with one-on-one training to help refine your teaching skills, increase your confidence and advance your teaching.
Each mentorship program includes 10 total hours of consultation, instruction and feedback, including:
- A 1 hour consultation to identify areas where increased skills and confidence are desired, such as:
- Anatomy, Physiology & Biomechanics of Yoga
- Methods and Techniques of Teaching Yoga
- Foundations of Sequencing
- Creating intelligent, creative yoga classes, workshops or series
- Practical teaching experience
- A customized plan of action and learning objectives
- Once or twice weekly in-person (or virtual if desired) mentoring (9 hours total):
- 1-2 hour one-on-one yoga mentoring on areas of need
- Written weekly summaries of material covered
- Practical teaching and observational experience
- Teaching assessments by mentor with personalized verbal and written feedback
- This program is designed to be completed in 4-6 weeks
- Includes a 4 week unlimited virtual membership
- A Yoga Teacher with a 200-hour YTT certificate, or equivalent yoga training
Continuing Education Credits
- As a Yoga Teacher registered with Yoga Alliance, you must complete a minimum of 30 hours of continuing yoga-related education and training every 3 years. At least 10 of these must be “contact hours”, in the presence of a qualified Continuing Education Provider (with the designation YACEP).
- This mentorship program will provide you with at least 10 contact and 10 non-contact hours, with documentation that you will submit to Yoga Alliance.
Free 15 min Consultation
- Please contact Sandi for more information or to set up your free 15 minute consultation to discuss this program
- Click here to see recent testimonials for the Mentorship program