THE YOGA LOFT CAMBRIDGE
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training: The Foundations
This 200-hour teacher training will provide you with the foundations you need to begin teaching yoga confidently and skillfully.
You will develop a greater understanding of anatomy and alignment in yoga asana (postures) and learn how to integrate this knowledge to create intelligent, anatomy-informed sequencing in your yoga classes.
Our yoga studio is secular, and our yoga training is dogma-free and down-to-earth.
The focus of this YTT is alignment and anatomy-based yoga.
You will learn the foundations of anatomy in yoga poses and how to deconstruct poses to understand the techniques, variations and modifications of all major asana families. You will understand how to sequence intelligently for proper alignment, safety and integrity in the joints, and how to work towards integration of the body, mind and breath.
An appreciation and a brief history of yoga and yoga philosophy will be covered, however it is not the focus of this particular training. Rather, this training is highly practical and interactive, and will help you develop into a very knowledgeable, effective and skillful yoga teacher.
Aside from 190 hours of in-class learning, you will have a minimum of 25 hours of additional home study over the course of the program.
Students who have been practicing yoga consistently for at least one year.
This program is also available to yoga practitioners who simply want to deepen their understanding and experience of anatomy, yoga postures and how to keep their body safe in their own personal practice.
Students who satisfy the requirements of this YTT and pass the practicum and final exams will qualify to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (200-RYT).
The Yoga Loft Cambridge is a Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) of Yoga Alliance.
This 200-hr program meets and exceeds the requirements set out by Yoga Alliance, particularly in the sections of Anatomy & Physiology and Practicum (actual teaching experience hours).
There are 3 modules in this YTT:
- ANATOMY OF YOGA ~ where you will dive deep into how the body works, yoga asana and adding depth to your own personal practice and your teachings.
- THE FOUNDATIONS OF TEACHING YOGA ~ develop your own unique teaching style, learn to communicate effectively and precisely, and create intelligently sequenced yoga classes using the alignment anatomy-focused techniques learned in the Anatomy of Yoga module.
- MINDFUL YOGA ~ integrating the lessons of mindfulness learned on the mat and applying this to everyday living. This module will also include the very important topic of ethics in yoga.
Program Director and Lead Trainer: Sandi Grekoff-Hunt, MSc, E-RYT200
My goal is to elevate the yoga teacher training experience to help develop teachers who have a solid understanding of how the body works, promote sustainable alignment for their students, and sequence classes intelligently and effectively. I’ve heard from so many teachers over the years that they feel overwhelmed and unprepared to teach after taking their first YTT. I am dedicated to providing you with the fundamentals of yoga so that when you complete this program, you are well equipped with the required knowledge, experience and understanding to teach yoga skillfully.
I have combined the knowledge and background gained from my academic science degrees, as well as my many yoga trainings and experience to develop the most comprehensive, foundational YTT program possible from the following sources:
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees with a focus on anatomy, biology, physiology, human health, nutrition and exercise
- 24-year career in the nutrition and exercise field working as a nutritionist
- Personal Training Specialist with a focus on functional strength and mobility
- A lifetime of my own personal movement and exercise exploration through various sports, strength training and functional movement
- Over 20 years of personal yoga practice
- Numerous workshops, trainings and study in hatha and vinyasa yoga
- My experience teaching more than 2000 hours of yoga over the past 9 years
Application and Registration Fee:
An application form must be submitted to gain approval into this program.
Once acceptance has been confirmed, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your admission, which will be put towards your tuition.
Standard Tuition: $2800+HST (to be paid in full, minus deposit, by the start date of your YTT).
Payment Plan Pricing: please inquire about payment plan pricing and options
Tuition includes unlimited classes at The Yoga Loft Cambridge for the duration of your YTT program
- The Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
- The Yoga Loft – Yoga Foundations Manual (included in tuition)
Tuition Tax Credit:
The Yoga Loft Cambridge is certified as an Educational Institution with The Government of Canada’s ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada). Students can claim tuition tax credits for this course. ESDC Certification
A Mentorship program is a great way to bridge the gap between your YTT and teaching confidently. You have the option to add a Mentorship program onto your YTT course. Please speak to Sandi about this option.
For more information, please CONTACT Sandi.